Our Family

Our Family

Monday, December 8, 2014

Now We Are Six

Now We Are Six-A.A. Milne
 
When I was one I had just begun
When I was two I was nearly new
 
When I was three I was hardly me
When I was four I was not much more
 
When I was five I was just alive
But now I am six, I'm as clever as clever;
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.
 
If they could only stay young forever. But if that was the case, I would never be able to see him grow and change in the all the new experiences age brings with it. 
 
We celebrated his actual birthday with a special lunch treat at school.  As I waited in the huge elementary lunch room, I wondered what his reaction would be to see me.  With 6 kindergarten classes, it could have a moment of joy or of embarrassment:) Luckily he was overjoyed.  He ran in and gave me a huge hug before he dove into his happy meal and passed out cupcakes to all his friends. After lunch he headed back to his class to finish out the day.  When he came home, presents were waiting, along with some anxious siblings who wanted to play and sing him happy birthday.

We celebrated on the weekend with a Spiderman themed friend party.  It was the first time he had a party somewhere else besides home, which was fun for him and also for Mom and Dad:)  After they were thoroughly exhausted from bouncing, including Dad who went down the super slide, we headed over to his special party room for cake and presents.
 
Another successful birthday in the books.  So now that we are six, I hope he decides to stay this way for ever and ever or at least until 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment