Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 3, 2013

Watch Me Grow: Month 11

The countdown has begun.  We have less than a month until our little firecracker turns one!  We have many fun times in store for the beginning of summer and of course many memories captured from the month past.

  • Rolling Down the Hallway - I put my legs to the test this month.  I have learned how to reach maximum speed with my Tot Wheels and how to walk holding on to toys.
 
 
  • Fun with Friends - I love having little buddies to call on and to enjoy growing up with.  We get to see each others firsts, smile, laugh and sometimes shed a tear, and just be there for each other, even if that means using each as a tackling device.

  • Motherly Love- I celebrated my first Mother's Day with Mom.  We treated her to a wonderful day away, including some BBQ, some bugs but most importantly some great family time filled with hugs and kisses. Connor and Corynn braved their new tree house, while I relaxed in the swing.

  • Home Run - I was so proud of my big brother as I watched him clad in uniform, walk up to the plate and hit the ball into the air.  So maybe it wasn't a home run, but it was impressive to me.  He listened well to the coaches instructions and participated in all the learning exercises.



 
We cheered for the hits, for who could make a bigger dirt pile in the outfield, and for the much awaited after practice snack.
  • Dive In - We dove head first into the water this month and never looked back.  I had no fear tackling the sprinkler ball head on, nor kicking my way around a pool.

My brother and sister started swim lessons this month too.  Corynn was up first.  She was lucky to start her first swim lesson with her friend Annika.  Corynn's loved to hold her breath and float on her back.
Connor was up next.  He jumped in literally with both feet and subarmined (went underwater) within the first couple minutes of the lesson.  He also had no fear and volunteered first to do most of the activities.
 
  • Jungle Boogie - I decided to make this month, all about the animals.  I went to the Zoo, Grant's Farm and Big Joel's Safari.  My favorite part of all three was probably the tram ride at Grant's Farm.  I loved sitting with friends, having the wind blow through my hair and watch everything go by.


Don't worry,although tempting, I did not partake in the free beer.
I spent the day at the safari with my cousins.  They fed deer, buffalo, camels, you name it.  I think the goats wanted to take a piece out of me, though.  It was a perfect way to round out the last day of being 10 months.

 
  • Road Trip - After school ended, we decided to kick off summer vacation by taking a road trip over the river and through the city again to Nanny and Papa Hutch's house.  I was a superstar both on the ride to and from.  I slept so sound I got car seat head.
I watched my silly brother and sister play dress up in Mommy's old clothes and costumes and in continuing our animal theme, ate a small snack amongst them.
  • Dance The Night Asleep - When we were in Chicago, we dressed in our Sunday best (or better) and went to a wedding.  I spent most of the ceremony cruising the streets of Chicago, while the other two somewhat patiently sat through the wonderful wedding.  After the ceremony it was time to head to the hotel.  I don't know what it is about hotels, but we love them.  The adventure of staying in a new place, exploring the halls, riding the elevator and indoor swimming pools.
Connor looked dapper in his dress pants and tie (which by the way he wore for the entire evening) and Corynn was beautiful in her fancy dress.

My brother and sister kicked off cocktail hour with a bang.  The could not get enough of their kiddie cocktail.  I wasn't lucky enough to try some this time, but I'm sure they will share some in the future.
 

Then came dinner.  As I caught up my sleep, Connor enjoyed all the food, while Corynn enjoyed her wine.


It was then time to hit the dance floor. I even managed to steal a dance with the bride before it was time for bed.


We finished our trip the following morning with some family snuggles.
 
One more month until I'm 1!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment