We made it. Bennett is now officially a one year old. What a ride this last month has been and what an unbelievable year of firsts and memories to cherish.
- Strawberry Treat - I walked on to the berry fields for my first taste of these delicious treats. We wore our strawberry best and got down and dirty picking, pulling and squishing them off the vine. We loved every juicy bite of this experience.
- Big Birds - We ventured out to the wilderness of MO to see some beautiful wildlife and enjoy a beautiful day with friends. We started at the World Bird Sanctuary where we got swallowed up by a life size eagles nest and then took in a picnic and picturesque drive through Lone Elk Park. With the breeze blowing through my locks, I decided to snooze through the ride, but Connor and Corynn were up and alert looking for animals out the front window.
- Just for Me - Even though I just turned one today, Mom couldn't resist giving me a couple early birthday presents. First up was a water table from Mom and Dad. Water is my favorite thing to play with so after I had fun playing with the box, we filled it and splashed away. I can't wait to celebrate with my friends and family at my birthday party later this month.
I then got to open my special delivery from Nan and Papa Hutch. My very own race car house that my brother and sister enjoy as equally as I do. Mom, with the assistance of Connor, assembled the house, which took about 4 hours, and when it was all said and done realized that once put together the house is to big to move anywhere. So needless to say, we will be living in our colorful quarters in the living room.
- Father's Day Fun - We woke up and snuggled with Dad and gave him a couple special gifts for Father's day. Connor proudly wore his tool belt too trying to emulate our awesome Dad.
- Family Vacation - We embarked on our first family vacation together to Lake Geneva, WI. Connor and Corynn couldn't sleep for a week in anticipation of this exciting event. The thoughts of sleeping at a hotel, swimming and spending quality time with family overwhelmed their little conscious. We started our trek early Monday morning with cousin's Drew and Ryley following closely behind. The adventure had begun. The week was packed full of swimming, boating, beaching and fishing.
Morning doughnut breakfast for me and then it was straight to the pool.


Connor Cannonball
Fishing - Everyone loved casting their poles hoping to catch the big one. I liked to see and feel the fish when they pulled them out.
Boating - I may have not been a fan of my life jacket, but I thoroughly enjoyed cruising the lake and falling asleep to the sounds waves crashing against the boat. While I slept, everyone went tubing for the first time. I was so proud of my brother and sister and can't wait to try it.
Our little captains:
Beach Babes - We frolicked on the beach at night and during the day. I not only had my first experience touching sand, but also eating it. Good thing I decided to take a snooze during the next beach outing.
We had a wonderful vacation and didn't want it to end, even though we were all tired. Hopefully we can be good and behave for our big trip to Disney in a couple months.


No comments:
Post a Comment