Our Family

Our Family

Friday, May 3, 2013

Watch Me Grow: Month 10

I can't believe the first birthday is only 2 months away.  Of course I have had the theme, food etc. planned for months already, but it is especially hard to see your last baby grow up so fast.  Gone will be the days of many night wake ups, mushy baby food, bottles...wait, what can be so wrong with that?  Even though the first year has some struggles, you will never be able to see those firsts again, which are truly a blessing.


What I've been up to this month:
  • Spring is Here - The weather finally warmed up and we were able to help Dad with some yard work.  I pretty much chilled and soaked up the sun, while Corynn and Connor gathered worms.  My sister seemed to have such a nurturing nature with the slimy slitherers feeding them grass and providing them a nice dirt home.  I am sure that balanced out them being slightly dissected.
 
We even started going to parks more.  The kids were so excited to run around and play with friends.  Bennett chilled watching the action through a pair of shades he borrowed.
 
  • Dining Al Fresco - We enjoyed out first dinner as a family outside too; pizza and popsicles.  The popsicles were by far my favorite.  Not only did they taste delectable, but they also helped soothe my gums.  I had been working on four teeth for months now and they finally decided to make their appearance.  I had become an expert at chewing my food with only two, imagine what I can eat with 6.  Bring on the steak!

  • Pull Ups - My crib was lowered this month because, not only can I roll to a sitting up position now, I have started to pull up on things around the house.  Kind of funny that the first item I found to pull up on was a mega pack of toilet paper.  At least that would provide me a cushioned landing.
  • Bounce & Roll -  I emerged oh so gracefully into my first bounce house.  I wasn't too sure what to do, but I loved looking at the colorful inflatables in front of me.  I also rode in style both by myself and with my siblings. 
  • I Love My Sister - I am sure this is only the beginning of the dress up torture my sister will put me through over the next couple of years.  I wasn't fond of the baby hat.


We got her back though.  As you can see, I opted for the less subtle approach.
  • You're Invited - I got to attend Connor and Corynn"s Spring concert this month.  The theme was PJ Party.  They dressed in their favorite Ninja Turtle and Hello Kitty attire and hit the stage. 

  • The did a great job singing and dancing and maybe a little:
Twisting their shirts up and wedgie adjustment 
 A gentle nudge of a co singer back into her appropriate dance space

Corynn, the little ham she is, made Mom tape her practicing at home so she could watch herself and follow along.

And Connor, well he didn't want to be upstaged so he decided to sing his friend song, which is too precious.  Who wouldn't want to be his friend?

After the concert we all went for a special treat.  They got shaved ice, blue and pink respectively, and I got to try my very own ice cream cone.

 
  • What Goes Up - What goes up in this cause was me.  I climbed all the way up the stairs on my first attempt.  I was happy to have achieved another step towards my independence.  Hopefully I won't be rolling down anytime in the near future. 


  • Just a Little - The time had come to take a little around the ears. Since I started to look like baby wolf, dad and mom sat me down and thought best to call someone else to trim my hair. Now I know most moms wait until the pivotal one year mark before cutting the precious locks, but not mine.

  • Connor was about a year. He got his cut at an old school barbershop and looked as handsome as ever after his first hair trim.

    Corynn was only 5 months old when she had her first haircut. She probably should have had one even earlier too. My Dad's Aunt gave her the cutest bob cut amidst a yummy BBQ dinner.







    Then there is me.  The first is my before picture. The hair hung low and wobbled to and fro over my ears.  Mommy called her friend in the hopes she could help with this situation.
    And help she did.  I looked as handsome as ever too after my first haircut.  All nice and tight over my ears and my fuzzy neck was now a perfect a straight line.  I was ready to hit the town and find some single ladies.
     
     Only 2 more months to go until the big 1!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment