Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Watch Me Grow: Month 9

We enjoyed another wonderful month celebrating Bennett's first St. Patty's Day with friends and Easter with family. He continues to try any big kid food he can get his hands on and also will stand for short periods of time.
 

  • Little Leprechaun - As mom and dad rang in the day with green beer, I wore a couple different outfits to show off my Irish heritage.  None of us were in the picture mood, but we still captured the green memory whether it was a perfect picture or not.


  • Stand Up - I am now starting to stand up for periods of time.  I still need someone to place me in this position, as my baby booty can't pull itself up yet.  I also need someone to watch me too because I tumble down hard like a tower of Jenga blocks.  Maybe next month I can achieve some more independence in this area.

  • Adventures - We all had some firsts this month as we embarked on some different adventures.  Even though we had been to the Butterfly House before, it was the first time I got to go see the amazing Blue Morpho butterflies.  I was mesmerized by the hundreds flying above my head.  I even emerged like a butterfly as I crawled through the caterpillar tube.

Connor and Corynn got to ride on their first pony too.  It was a long time coming but the wait was worth it.  They enjoyed grabbing the reigns and galloped around in a circle.


During my brother and sisters Spring Break, we also spent the day with family enjoying go karts, games, bounce houses and our first crack at mini golf.  Patience was thin, but we finished a round of 9 holes in the dark.  We had quite an adventure and luckily no one got hit with flying balls.
  • Hippity Hoppity - I went to my first egg hunt. I seemed to be more interested in the grass, but it was a beautiful day and I loved being outside.

On our second egg hunt, we headed out in the chilly temps with friends. We each got to pick a new egg catching basket (Connor-Toy Story, Corynn-Princess purse, Me-Winnie the Pooh).I stayed bundled up to keep warm, while everyone searched for eggs.
We even managed to get a picture with the fluffy Easter Bunny.  I wasn't scared at all, though my perception could have been skewed by all the warm clothing I had on.
  • Cracked up - Of course we had to participate in coloring eggs. I never got past rolling, cracking and a light snacking on mine, but  my brother and sister managed to put the beautiful hues on the rest of the eggs. It was a challenge making sure Corynn didn't eat them all during the process. She definitely loves hard boiled eggs, but who am I kidding, she just loves to eat.

  • Pink Footprints - We woke up Easter morning with little pink footprints in our house. Connor and Corynn followed the trail to find the treats the bunny left.  We then got dressed in our Easter best and headed over to brunch with our family. 



We even got to hunt more eggs that the Easter bunny brought.  Connor and Corynn changed into egg hunting clothes and then they were off.
 
  • Peek-A-Boo - This month I learned how to play peek a boo.  Connor was great at hiding and making me laugh.
    Oh, and by the way, I CAN successfully sit in a highchair now and loved every minute of it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment