Our Family

Our Family

Friday, May 18, 2012

Juicy

The word of the day was juicy (definition-containing a lot of juice; providing interest).  Both of those definitions were fitting considering we ventured into the strawberry fields today to pick, and eat, the delicious treats.
The kids enjoyed searching through the bushes to find the perfect ones. When they found the treasured ones, I heard both of them shout, "I found a big one"!
 

I was actually surprised that it took so long for them to realize they could eat them, but once they started, our bin quickly stopped filling up.  Anything that made it in from that point forward from the kids seemed to have little bite marks in them.


We also attempted rasberry picking with their friends.  This adventure was short lived once the kids realized going to the park sounded more interesting and us moms didn't quite understand the correct way to pick them.

 
This year we are going to attempt to make a new desert to enjoy the sweetness of the juicy strawberry's; Strawberry Icebox Cake. Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment