Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Red Racer

When we realized this year that Connor had outgrown his tricycle, we asked him if he wanted to go buy a new bike.  His response was, "Yes, I want a Red Racer bike, but first I need to get some dollars".

He tried numerous bikes at the store.  He tested the seats, pedals, noise makers, and of course the color options, but finally a new bike was found.  He hopped on a Cars bike and started pedaling, and pedaling and before we knew it, he was riding through a different department weaving around people and shelves exclaiming, "I found my Red Racer bike"!  So after he maneuvered to the check out line, sparing people and produce, and a few dollars later, the bike was his.

The next day we all wanted to see him try it out.  We headed to a park to fish, play, and ride.  First we fished.  Both kids were really more excited about playing with the worms, but we were successful and snagged one fish before the trial ride.

 
Then it was time.  Connor put on his helmet, helped his Dad get the bike out of the car, and started down the hill.
 
He was so proud of himself.  He pedaled as fast as his legs could go, learning that hills will take time and a little more endurance to master.  Even Dad rode a bike at the park.  His may have been stationary, but the kids loved playing in the water it pumped out.
 
It was so exciting to see Connor take off smiling as he rode around the lake.  What is even more memorable is telling me last night, as he helped pick up toys, "I am so happy I got my Red Racer"!

No comments:

Post a Comment