Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. - Dr. Seuss
There are so many moments in life that just pass one by. It isn't until later, that we realize no matter how hard we try, we can never repeat that moment. We only have the memory now of the first time we held our children, when they crawled, when the walked, threw their first tantrum(hopefully that's a faint one), and slept in our arms until the wee hours of the night. With this ever-changing fast paced world we live in, I find it important to take a step back and slow down to relish in all the special moments of our life, before they become a distant memory.
The moment your beautiful ballerina takes center stage. I have to admit I was not very keen on the song choice this year. When they announced it would be Rainbow Connection, all I could picture was Kermit the Frog sitting on a log with a banjo belting out the tune in his famous froggy voice. I was pleased to know they chose a rendition by another artist, and Corynn was able to twirl her way across the stage and make this song her own.
And we can't forget the moment you realize that even when you get dressed up in fancy clothes and put on a pair of ballet shoes, you can still be silly!
The moment when your son spots you in the audience at his first grade concert, and can't help smiling and waving at you. Connor donned his farmer attire and mooo'd his way through the show. His smile and light hearted attitude are quite infectious. He is never one to shy away from creating a fun and joy filled moment for all around him.
The moment when your youngest steps up to the plate for the first time. It is good to see Bennett on a team, following directions, attempting jumping jacks, running bases and having fun with his teammates. Through the baggy pants and oversized shirt, our little #2 still manages to pack quite a hit. Even though at this stage the highlight has always been how to make the best dirt mound and what snacks they will get to eat after the game, it is pure enjoyment watching these little all-stars on the field.





The moment when Field Day turns into fun with friends. Who would have thought I would have ever let my children ride on a 4 wheeler. I know my husband was in total shock when I sent him the picture. I think knowing they were safe and secure with their princess bike helmets, made it easier to swallow (and the fact I may have mentioned to drive slow and that I never took my eyes off of her). They couldn't be the only ones to go for a spin that day, though. Who doesn't love a tractor ride to start the summer off right?
The moment our Marvelous Mustang's name was called to win this very special award. Her face says it all; shock, disbelief, a touch of nervous energy. Was that really my name they called out? As her name was called, Ben and I came out from behind the stage to surprise her. Both her teacher, her parents, and her big brother Connor couldn't have been more proud of her. What an amazing experience to cap off her year in Kindergarten.
The moment when you thank God for every special second with this crazy bunch. Watching them grow and have dreams of their own makes my heart melt.

And finally, the moment school get's out for the summer! Can't wait for all the memorable moments this summer has in store for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment