Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Wheels On The Bus

My big man began this summer as a preschool graduate and ends the summer as an official kindergartner.
 
Everyone talks about how hard it is to see their child go to kindergarten, whether its your first, second, or only, the feelings I know are always there.  Even though this is just one tiny step, it is hard to let go of someone so very special to you.  It is even harder to admit the fact that they are growing up.  As much as I am going to miss my baby boy, I am excited to embark on this next chapter in his life.  No matter what, I know that we will be there for each other for all the ups and downs that life can throw us.  Change is never easy, but change can and will be a good thing for all of us.

The first change that Connor got to experience was the pivotal back to school shopping.  With his supply list and Corynn in tow, we headed out to cross everything off of our list. 
We then had our first back to school party with friends complete with a school bus like cake treat, and sky lanterns with wishes for a good school year. Connor's wish was that cartoons would not have commercial breaks and I think all the adults silently wished that the lanterns would take off high in the sky without burning us or any of the homes nearby:)
Then came meet the teacher night.  Connor waited patiently through the orientation presentation until the time came to check out his room.  He loved the tree house classroom as he calls it.  He found his seat, we separated his supplies and then went to meet Mrs. Davenport.  At first he was, a little shy, but he quickly opened up telling her stories.  It also helps to have a special friend in his class.
As we concluded meet the teacher, he tried out the big school bus for the first time and left with some tasty treats.
 
The day had finally arrived.  I made a special lunch and went to wake up my big kindergartner. When I looked in his bed he was nowhere to be found!! I searched the house and found him in our basement bedroom watching cartoons wide eyed and excited.  "You told me I needed to be up early," was his response.  It made my heart melt to know how happy he was to start the day.
We made our trek down to the bus stop and waited.  As the bus arrived he walked right up to it and choose the very first seat.  We love you Connor and hope you have a great year.  We will be waiting with a big bowl of ice cream when you get home:) 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment