Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 19, 2014

Connor Graduated

Connor dressed in his Sunday best, donned a black cap, and entered into the world of higher education today.  He has officially and successfully completed his Pre-K years. I thought today would have been filled with tears, mostly shed by me, but I was surprised how happy and proud seeing him up on stage made me.  I'm sure the couple instances of nose picking during the first song helped lighten the mood too.  Corynn even took time out of one of her last school days to cheer her brother on.


They all looked so grown up walking in with their graduation caps.  The songs and diploma presentation were fitting for this group of 5 year old prodigies, especially the lemonade and cookie reception that followed.





For part of the performance, the children had been tasked by the music teacher to complete the sentence, "May there always be____", which they then turned into an original song for the 2014 graduating class.  Connor picked the sun:)
 
It is hard to imagine that one day Connor will be graduating and entering into life as a grown up, but for now, I am going to relish in this wonderful moment.  All the while knowing that no matter where life takes him, he will always be the sunshine in my life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment