Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Watch Me Grow: Month 6

The holiday's have come and gone, but the memories made and the dreams for the new year have already begun.  Bennett continued to celebrate many firsts and the kids relished in all the excitement this season brought.

 
My 6 month checkup still isn't for a couple days, but when I went to the Dr a couple weeks ago for another cold, I weighed 17lbs 1oz. With just that weigh in alone, I surpassed what my big brother weighed at one year. It is hard for my Mom not to compare our growth, since I know she was hoping to pass down all his clothes to me.  Well even if I don't get to try them all, I was able to pull off the pivotal Christmas sweater that he had worn. The only difference being Connor sported the outfit when he was almost 13 months old.  Regardless of age, I say the two of us make a pretty dapper pair.


  • Got My Toes - I finally found my little piggies and can't keep my hands off of them. I really love to take my socks off and stick them in my mouth, even if my feet are a little stinky.
  • Sit Up Straight - An attempt has been made to sit upright all by myself.  Most of the time I look more like the hunchback of Notre Dame, but I'm sure I'll master this skill soon.

  • Gift Of Song - I had the pleasure of multiple musical serenades by my brother and sister. First up was Connor at his Christmas concert, Room in the Manager. He practiced his songs all week only to stand on stage and not sing a single one.  He looked very handsome on stage though. Then was the lovely antics of my sister. She insisted on holding me bunches this month and sang countless renditions of Away in the Manger and Frosty. She even entertained me while I ate my food.


  • I Spy - Mom finally found the bin of baby toys for me to play with. I am partial to a lobster rattle and bunny teether, while Connor and Corynn's only preference is to bury me amidst them.
  • Sugar & Spice - We all had fun making the annual spritz cookies. Connor and Corynn mixed, decorated, and ate many of the delicious cookies, while I partook in my first biscuit cookie.




  • Joy To The World - Christmas day came and went like a flash. My siblings had opened all of the goodies Santa had brought them before I even woke from my slumber.  When I finally decided to get up,  they helped me with my gifts, we ate a delectable breakfast, and we relaxed by the fire with our loot for the remainder of the day.




  • Snowy New Year - We rang in the new year in bed. We tried our hardest to make it until midnight, but the comfort of our pillows and blankets got the better of us.  We spent the eve in Columbia with our cousins.  Mother Nature even decided to bring us our first snowfall, which Connor and I took full advantage of (Corynn would have joined the fun, but a nap called her name).

We hope you all have a wonderful 2013! 

No comments:

Post a Comment