Mother's Day, a day just like any other. Waking up in your house to your children calling (crying) your name, eating (throwing) breakfast, and packing up the car to head to the spa (the farm) to spend mothers day with my husbands family.
The weather couldn't be more perfect. The sun was shining, the bbq was going and the pollen was floating in the air. But spending the day with the kids, and seeing their happy faces was what made this day perfection.
They swung from the trees in their swings (Connor loves when you push him and scream Underdog)...
They enjoyed a meal with their cousins (They didn't eat a thing until the popsicles came out, although Corynn did steal a lot of ice out of coolers)...
Connor attempted to fish with his new poles in the crytstal clear pond (He didn't ge a bite, but he also didn't have hooks) While Corynn chilled in the chicken shed with her favorite Aunt (There aren't any chickens, it is a makeshift bar/bonfire hangout. Perfect for children)...
The day ended with all the mother's cleaning up. We packed the kids in the car and picked up McDonalds for dinner. We then proceeded to have two extreme kid meltdowns until bedtime. I guess that is what so much fun in the sun and no naps produces.
In about a month I will be able to have a little me time from the great gift Ben gave me. A flight and 2 night stay in downtown Chicago with my best friend Megan. We will have a great time and the kids will be missed, but I know Mr. Mom will be able to handle it.
All I have to say is I am glad to be a mom to my two wonderful children and have such a great family to spend time with and create memories, no matter how silly.
No comments:
Post a Comment