Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Days of Our Lives

Our lives are but specks of dust falling through the fingers of time.  Like sands of the hourglass, so are the days of our lives. -Socrates-
I learned at a young age how precious time can be and truly what a gift it is. I also learned the above quote from a daytime soap opera.  Little did I know these words originated from a great philosopher. I guess no matter what age we are, we still our constantly growing and learning. Too bad Socrates can't be here now to help me with this new thing they call 3rd grade math. 

Through the winter months we learned to appreciate what little snow we had and that the holiday season still puts huge smiles on everyone's  faces.
Unless Santa chooses to bring your 5 year old a learning toy. Who wouldn't think a talking world map was cool? Apparently everyone other than Santa himself. Bennett took one look at, and with a disgusted face told all of us, "I didn't ask for this"!  Good thing his favorite Hulk showed up to put a huge smile back on his face.  

A couple birthdays came and went but not without some surprised faces and new additions.  Connor celebrated his last year in single digits with friends and a new nerf gun.  He learned quickly cause and effect with his new toy; swollen eyes and ice packs. 
Corynn celebrated her entrance into the world as an 8 year old with some new jewelry. She learned that being brave can have a huge payoff.
And Bennett, well,  have you ever heard a parent use the saying the kids have so much energy they are climbing the walls? Talk became reality in our household when Bennett actually learned how to do just that. Even in the face of fearlessness though, the comfort of a warm embrace is never far away.


The couple that rows together, stays together:) So maybe it took us 15 years of wedded bliss to get into that perfect rhythm, but working hard at something always pays off.

Who would have thought that when this handsome boy crossed my path our senior year in college, we would end up together with a wonderful family? I guess that was my hope when I saw him.  Who wouldn't fall for that face:)? My face, on the other hand, appears to resemble one too many college keg stands. 
My mother always said that one day you will just know when you have found your soul mate.  As a young girl I always thought these words were something parents said to make you feel better through a breakup and that there was no way they knew what they were actually talking about. As you get older, one learns they were correct in more ways than one.

From our first movie date to see 'Remember the Titans, 2 states lived in, 3 children and a million more stories and memories to boot, I couldn't imagine going down this road of  life with anybody else.  

From honeymoon to 15 years; Cheers to many more!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment