Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Big Steps With All That Is Messy

If anyone knows me, they know that I am just a tad obsessive compulsive about cleaning or keeping things clean.  That all changed this week. 

First I decided to let the kids play with more than one color of play dough at a time.  I know it sounds weird, but I do not like the colors to mix.  Corynn had no problem mashing the colors to make a rainbow design, while Connor still moved from color to color keeping them separate, I guess my OCD has rubbed off more than I thought.

We then decided to have rainy day fun.  Connor was first up.  We got the paint out and he started painting away, in his smock of course to ensure he didn't get any on his shirt.  He then painted his hands to make hand prints.  This was a huge step for Connor.  He not only used two colors, but got dirty, if only for a short while.  He was proud of his masterpiece.

Corynn went next.  Jumping in the summer swimming pool filled with balls and other toys and then eventually sticky granola bar, smashed fruit loops, and spilled juice.

We also had fun during our Mommy and Me Book club which was Ladybug themed.  We painted again and ate bug cupcakes.  I don't know who liked them more, us or the kids.

All in all if was a fun adventure.  I can't wait to do it again (I think).

Oh by the way, did I mention that Connor also colored the couch?  I bet Ben is wishing he sprung for the scotch guard about now.


No comments:

Post a Comment